There is a passive cook in me who wakes up now and then ,gets active in the kitchen,take part in food events and switches back to passive mode. Its happening more offlate ( I meant being in a passive mode) as my 15 months child demands more attention these days .
I keep looking for new recipe in Priya’s blog Priya’s Easy and Tasty Recipes who is a great cook and I admire all her new innovative yet simple ideas. She is hosting an event CWS-Mung Beans and the active mode me is going to send few of the recipes to this event.
Brocolli-Green Moong rice
I had few left over green mung daal so I thought why not utilize (reuse-as Vasanth says) this.
1 cup boiled basmati rice
1 small brinjal or eggplant
1/4 cup Green mung daal
1/2 cup brocolli
1/4 cup diced potato
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp corriander powder
2 green chillies
1 tsp dry roasted and powdered urad daal
1 strand of curry leaves
mustard and cumin seeds for seasoning
salt to taste
How I made it:
- Grind the daal and green chillies
- In a frying pan add oil,mustard,cumin ,curry leaves and the ground paste
- Add garam masala ,corriander powder and urad daal powder
- Add brocolli ,brinjal,potato and fry till they are done
- Add salt to taste
- Garninsh with corriander leaves and serve hot.
Will post more recipes If I tend to experiment again in the kitchen.