As I was already breaking my head on how to prepare a new dish for the event ,It occurred to me that if i can drink Tomato juice then why not try a granita with it? As summer is approaching It would really make a good refreshing dessert. I was quiet skeptical yet I grabbed those ripe tomatoes out of the fridge and in matter of minutes.. Walla!! my granita was ready .
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Sugar
2 small bright red tomatoes (Diced)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 pea size ginger
Mint Leaves 2 to 3
How I made it?
1. Boil water and sugar together till syrupy
2. Add ginger piece,Mint leaves ,tomato pieces and cover with a lid(In this way tomatoes get cooked in the steam).Let it cool.
3. Remove the ginger piece and mint leaves after giving a good squeeze
4. Grind into a puree and then add lemon juice
5. Pour the mixture on a baking pan and keep it in freezer
6.Scrape the mixture every 20 minutes with a fork .
7. Do it at least 3 to 4 times to get a nice ice shaving texture.
Serve with few mint leaves and Orange or Lemon Zest.
2.Some people like to add Liquor like Rum,wine etc . ( If you prefer you can add at the 4Th step )